Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hoe Hoe Hoe!

Welcome to my blog,
The Diamond Dragonfly!
I have been participating in The Hymn Challenge at Triple the Scraps. I really need to start making a simple scrapbook page following a sketch. Somehow I have it in my head that scrapbook pages should be scraps. That I learned from Granny and Mommy. When the things of life pile up I love to sit with papers and try to figure out how to put it together. 

Leroy Street 1947 in Osgoode ON, with Mommy, aka Mamie Harvey Robb holding my baby brother, David Harvey Robb, and who knows what he had put on his head?

Daddy aka David William Robb was hoeing potatoes.

I positioned the pictures so the same maple tree in both pictures is touching,, having a shot from west to east and another from east to west. The pictures were battered when I got them and the shine was persistent. 

We picked buttercups and chased butterflies hence the embellishments.
Now for the hymn, "Jesus Never Fails". I didn't recognize it until I heard the chorus, then it all come back to me.
 

Verse 1

Earthly friends may prove untrue,

Doubts and fears assail;
One still love and cares for you;
One who will not fail.

Chorus
Jesus never fails,
Jesus never fails;
Heav'n and earth may pass away
But Jesus never fails.

Verse 2
Tho' the sky be dark and drear,
Fierce and strong the gale,
Just remember He is near,
And He will not fail.

Verse 3
In life's dark and bitter hour
Love will still prevail;
Trust His everlasting pow'r,
Jesus will not fail.



 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

http://triplethescraps.blogspot.ca/2013/06/hscrc13-hymn-11-jesus-never-fails.html


Triple The Scraps…….Jesus Never Fails


http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.ca/2013/06/simon-says-anything-goes.html

Simon Says Stamp….AG
 
 
 

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the L/O Carole and the photos are so precious.
Blessings
Maxine