Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Promised Land


Welcome to my blog, The Diamond Dragonfly
Another challenge with a family friendly theme and sentiment, ‘Anything Goes’, as far as styles here at Word Art Wednesday again this week. 
This is our 117th   challenge.  We also have a Facebook page found here.  Your faithfulness in posting such inspirational art with us encourages many others to try new things or see something they want to try.  Congratulations to the winners Elizabeth #217 and Gail #41 from last week.
There is a FREE digital word art each week, which you are welcome to use BUT it is not required. It is found on this page as well as here.
Our fabulous sponsors for January 29th  2014 are  Flying Unicorn  and
WAW…………………………….AG with a family friendly sentiment and theme.
These pages are part of my “scraps only “ mini paper bag album. Personally I think it is more of an art journal.  I heard that modge podge dries too sticky so I am looking for something else to adhere these bits and pieces with. ( I punch out all my scraps and put colors and themes together., The "I really don't fit anywhere" pieces go into a plastic jar which I dump and begin to sort and create)
These pages are a picture of going into the Promised Land. They have been sprayed with glitter, stencilled and stamped before the scraps are added. The Yellow pages were Creation, the glitter, foil, flowers and birds became the Garden of Eden and the Burgundy was the Flood.
The bunch of grapes is huge. I made it 18 months ago.
There are two stars, silver and gold to represent Joshua and Caleb,
Three hearts for the Godhead and ten other pieces represent the ten dissenters. The two inserts have mattes and journal places.
I did not try to make it, it just happened. This is my fun. I hope you don't mind my sharing these scrappy moments of my life.
I really like this scripture about waiting patiently for the LORD. It reminds me of Isaiah 40:31

Blessings,  
Carole Robb Bisson  

I truly hope you have enjoyed your visit here today, It is such a pleasure to have you drop by..










My Craft Creations…. AG


Make It Monday…. AG


Eureka Stamps…… AG


Created With Love……..AG


Paper Nest Dolls………AG


Crafting With Dragonflies…..card only AG

11 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful mini. Love the addition of the grapes. Hope your feeling better today.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful project Carole..love the colours and sparkle...very pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Miss NiceRoad said...

oh my, very cute project! Thanks for joining us at PND :)

Fabiola said...

super sympa et si créatif et original, biz

Chris Hanselman said...

Great project. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris
Co-Owner
Created with Love Challenges

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh what a great project. Love all the detail you put into it. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful colourful project Carole, and I do love your symbolism.
Blessings
Maxine

Sheila said...

Lovley project, thank you for joining in the my craft creations challenge. Good luck x

Leovi said...

I like the design!

Diane Noble said...

Very pretty, Carole! So glad I can now leave comments! You have quite the artistic knack for creating little mini albums. Love the color combo and all the bling!

Zella said...

Carole, I just love that verse. Your album is AMAZING! So much to look at - you're quite the artist!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Eureka Stamps this week.
Blessings,
Zella